Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Good News on a Cloudy Day

I just received an email from the Susan B. Institute for Gender Studies in response to a recent grant application I submitted. They're giving me an award to cover the remainder of my expenses for my London trip. Roughly $850. Yippee! I was expecting about $200 or $300 from them, at most--particularly given that they've already given me money for two other conferences. In fact, I almost didn't submit the application because I thought they'd say, "Oh, we've given her money for lousy conferences on two different occassions." Luckily, Aviva convinced me it was worth a try. Now I can make a more substantial dent in my credit card balance.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Stuart Boon said...

An excellent coup! I am glad to hear that coming over to Britain won't have bankrupted you. :^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?