Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Miscellaneous Shots

June 11, 2005: Although La Palma is a very small island, with a surface area of 706 square kilometres and a population of only 80,000, it's windy roads and sizeable mountains mean it takes a long time to get anywhere. One day, we went on a drive, intending to visit the northwestern tip of the island, and possible drive up to the observatories. Unfortunately, we gave up before reaching either of those destinations. The long windy roads became too much for us. And I felt motion sickness kicking in at several points, though my handy "sea bands" helped me stave off nausea. In fact, in some shots you can see the little grey bands on my wrist. No, those aren't retro sweat band fashion statements.


Here I am smelling the flowers in some small La Palma town. Note the sea band on my left wrist!

Fred took this rather striking shot as Aviva, Rita, and I explored the plaza in this small town. You can see us in the distance.

In this shot, Aviva bravely approaches the edge of a rather impressive viewpoint. Rita and I admire the view from a distance.

From this viewpoint, we could see the unusually straight main street of Los Llanos de Aridane. We went shopping in Los Llanos on two different occasions, buying some really unique jewelry and a few souvenirs for friends and family.


Here, Aviva humors me by posing along Los Llanos' shopping district. We spent the afternoon wandering through the town, eating a few pastries, and buying postcards and souvenirs.

Just one of the many spectacular views we enjoyed at various stops along the roadside.


1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Stuart Boon said...

Love that last picture. Nice to see you both having such a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?