Thursday, February 16, 2006

Reggie's Pearly Whites

Reggie went in to the veterinarian's office yesterday to have his teeth cleaned. He's almost 12 years old and this was his first experience with dental work. I was a little worried because they always warn you that anesthesia can be dangerous for animals as they get older. There weren't any complications with the anesthesia, but they did extract one molar, along with some of the bone structure from around the tooth. He now has several stitches, one missing tooth, and a shaved leg from where the I.V. was inserted. He seems to be recovering, though he has this glassy-eyed, slightly stoned look about him that's likely caused by the pain medication. Total Cost: $435.00. Yup. That's right. Crazy, I know but I couldn't just let him suffer now could I? The sad thing is I don't think I've ever spent that much on my own teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?