Monday, September 04, 2006

I will not neglect my blog any more. I will not neglect my blog anymore . . .

I'm making a vow to, at long last, create some new entries for my blog. I'm even giving myself a deadline. By next week, you'll see something new here. I do have several good excuses for getting so behind. In the time since my last posts, I've driven across the country, I've written another chapter of my dissertation, I've begun the arduous task of refining my job application material, I've revised some material for publication, I've continued with my marathon training, and I've raise more than $1500 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, taking me half-way to my fundraising goal. Thank you to everyone who made a contribution! It's greatly appreciated. If you'd like to check out my progress, or make a donation, you can do so by following this link.

In other words, I've been very busy. Things are only going to get more intense from here, but I really would like to post a few photos from my summer travels. I have so many wonderful images and experiences to share, from the positively decadent and splendid trip across the Atlantic aboard the Queen Mary 2, to a work-related visit to Mexico, to a camping adventure that saw us drive (and camp) from Rochester to Alberta and back. For now, let me just start with a few teaser images from the Queen Mary 2. I promise to post more soon!

One of the many evenings that gave us an excuse to put on some fancy clothes.

Though the weather in the middle of the North Atlantic is not exactly ideal for sunbathing, we did manage to spend some time in the deck jacuzzi and pools.

GIve us your tired, huddled masses . . .
Here we are looking wind-blown and exhausted at about 6am as the ship enters the New York City harbor.

Fred and Aviva looking decidedly content. Perhaps it's because they are sitting in one of the ship's numerous dining areas where we ate like kings!

Now, I'm going to return to writing, though I'm not sure how long I'll be able to last. I completed a 16-mile run this morning and I'm certainly feeling the effects. Surprisingly enough, I'm not stiff or sore, just very tired. I normally do my long runs on Saturdays, but I was busy with the garage sale. So, I made arrangements to meet up with another member of my group this morning. I completed the run in 2 hours and 20 minutes, which means I kept myself under the 9 min/mile marker. Not too bad for such a long run!

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Stuart Boon said...

Ah, welcome back! Lovely pictures as well. You both look so happy and well. I will look forward to the many posts to come. Oh, and congratulations on managing to fit all that into your summer--makes me look like a sloth with a headache!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?