Saturday, February 25, 2006

Random Trivia Questions

So I sometimes buy things from this website, Sierra Trading Post, even though it's owned by a super-religious guy who I think belongs to the Mormon Church of Later-day Saints and every catalogue includes a quote from the bible, a series of "we believe" statements and other forms of prostelytizing. What can I say? I'm a cheapskate and it sometimes causes me to compromise my ethics, like when I shop at Wal-mart because they have these great thinsulate glomitts with flip-tops so I can still tie my shoes, grasp the dog's leash, or hold a latte while treking from the car to my office--all while keeping my hands toasty-warm. Anyway, Sierra sells sporting goods at really low prices and I can often buy my favorite running shoes for about 50% off the retail price. Sometimes I've found my favorite Mizuno or Saucony running shoes for as little as $20. They also sell incredibly dowdy clothing, hideous artwork, and a huge range of camouflage hunting gear, including "hide-a-pooch" hunting blinds for dogs. In any case, they include a random trivia question in each catalogue and if you answer the question correctly, your order ships for free. In the past, I've managed to answer the questions after only a few minutes of Google searching. However, their questions seem to be getting more difficult. The last two have Aviva and I completely stumped. If anyone out there knows the answer to either of these questions, Fargo will be very grateful as I'd like to buy him a new leash--a flexible one they call a "roamer," which I can attach around my waist when we go on runs together. Only $12.95. Woohoo!

So here are the questions:
  • What is the name of the "cabinet member who presents the best face of the body and usually gets the door?" A riddle about cabinet terminology, as Aviva suspects because a "cabinet member" is a term used to designate any part of a cabinet, such as a hinge, door, etc. Or some sort of political science factoid that I obviously never learned in school? Who knows.
  • An albatross at Strawberry Hill is equal to what at Manassas Hills? Does this one has something to do with civil war battles? Walpole's villa in London? A golf course in Manassas Virginia? A famous harness-racer named Albatross Arkle? Obviously, we're not sufficiently versed in the history of either location to come up with an answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?