Thursday, September 08, 2005

A plea for the "forgotten victims"

If anyone out there is looking for another way to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina, I'd really encourage you to support the ASPCA, Humane Society, or other similar organizations. I know that sending donations to support the human victims should be our top priority, but the animals caught in the hurricane's crossfire also need assistance. As someone who relies on my pets for emotional support and comfort, I truly believe that the people impacted by the hurricane will benefit from being reunited with their lost pets. I also hate to think about people's beloved animals being left to starve in the flooded buildings and streets of New Orleans. These people have lost everything; they shouldn't have to lose their pets too. Even if you can only make a small donation, it will help the animal rescue organizations care for the animals while their owners are in shelters, retrieve pets from their water-logged homes, and reunite them with their owners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?